Dr. Shwkar Abousweilem
Greetings Bobcat Families,
It’s that time of the year where we get to show off all we know! It’s time for the Illinois Assessment of Readiness testing. This year our testing schedule will begin the week of March 9th. Students in 3rd, 4th, and 6th grade will be tested in reading and mathematics. Students in 5th grade will be tested in reading, mathematics and science.
You can help your child do his or her best on the test by:
- Making sure your child attends school on time;
- Making sure your child gets a good night’s sleep the night before testing;
- Providing breakfast on the morning of testing;
- Reminding your child to ask the teacher questions if he or she does not understand the test directions;
- Letting your child know that you have confidence in his or her ability to do his or her best; and
- Advising your child not to worry about the test – just do the best he or she can!
Please contact your child’s teacher or myself if you have any questions about the IAR testing. The success of our students is made possible by your support. Our Burbank students will continue to progress as we work together in their best interest.