This week, the Illinois State Board of Education released guidance for safely reopening schools in the fall. The guidance provides recommendations for how local school districts can comply with the Illinois Department of Public Health's mandated safety precautions. These safety precautions must be implemented for in-person instruction to resume. These mandated requirements include:
- Face coverings for all staff and students;
- No more than 50 individuals gathering in one space including school buses;
- 6 ft. social distancing as much as possible;
- Symptom screenings and temperature checks or self-certification prior to entering buildings; and
- Increased school-wide cleaning and disinfecting.
Additional guidance specifically addressing remote learning is expected in the coming weeks. We ask for your continued patience as we review the guidance and develop a plan to resume school safely in accordance with mandated safety precautions required by the Illinois Department of Public Health. Resuming in-person instruction will be a challenge that will take a team effort to accomplish. Please keep in mind that a return to in-person instruction does not necessarily mean students will be attending school every day. We will work as quickly as possible to finalize re-opening plans so families have appropriate time to plan accordingly. We will continue to keep our families informed via the district website, social media and school messenger.